Re: Request for jgroff help

Hi,

At Thu, 31 May 2001 21:43:17 +0100,
Colin Watson wrote:

> On Thu, 24 May 2001 at 11:58:52 +0900, Fumitoshi UKAI wrote:
> > I found one bug in my previous patch.  That one failed assertion
> > on src/roff/troff/node.cc line 3804 (node *word_space_node::copy())
> > Fixed version is groff_1.17-0.0.2.jgroff in the same directory.
>
> Hi,
>
> I've put experimental packages with your patch in
> http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/groff-experimental/. The organization
> might still be a bit rough, so when the real packages come out it's
> possible you might need to remove/purge and reinstall, but I think it's
> fairly close. Core stuff that pretty much everybody needs is in
> groff-base; additional tools and devices, including the Japanese ones,
> are in groff; X-based devices and gxditview are in groff-x11.
>
> How are these for Japanese output, at least reading Japanese man pages?

No problem.  I can read Japanese man pages with your new groff package.

> I don't have enough Japanese packages on my system at the moment to test
> them properly (xfonts-intl-japanese would be enough, wouldn't it, given
> the glibc locale?), but -Tnippon with the old and new groff at least
> appears to produce similar-looking output.

I suppose xfonts-base and some EUC(-JP) aware terminal emulator such as kterm
would be necessary.  For man pages, pager supporting multibyte chars,
such as jless/lv is required to read Japanese manual pages.

>  If it provides reasonably
> good support then I'd like to release these in the next couple of days
> and update to future patches from you folks later if need be, as I can
> do that pretty quickly.

Go ahead, please

Thanks,
Fumitoshi UKAI