[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: kinput2 and gtk application


On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 12:54:00AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote
> export LC_ALL=ja_JP.eucJP
> export LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
> export XMODIFIERS=@im=kinput2
> kinput2&

And I thought, I tested this too, strange.
Thanks, now it works fine.

But three problems still exist:

- I would like to use XIM without setting LANG to a Japanese locale.
  This works with yudit, gjiten, and kterm, but not with xterm, gvim,
  and mozilla.  Alas, mozilla (0.9.4) seems to have some problems with
  UTF8 sites showing even latin1 text with some ugly fonts, that I can
  change in the Japanese font section of mozilla. All looks well if I
  use my standard locale (de_DE), and yes, the site has the correct
  charset header.
- Since I need UTF8-TeX I tried gvim (6.0.011-3) with ja_JP.UTF8, but
  gvim produces a segmentation fault if I try to insert something in
  XIM mode. vim in an UTF8 xterm with ja_JP.UTF8 works fine.
- I use Dominique Unruh's UTF8 style for LaTeX without trouble but I
  can't compile characters with more than 7bit in the \chapter name,
  no matter which document style I use. It works in \section and

I would be glad, if someone could give some hints...

Shade and sweet water!


| Stephan Seitz                   E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal@gmx.de |
|          WWW: http://fsing.fs.uni-sb.de/~stse/            |
| PGP Public Keys: http://fsing.fs.uni-sb.de/~stse/pgp.html |

Attachment: pgptDBLcbSfUo.pgp
Description: PGP signature

Reply to: