Re: [sorry] problems with the omsha cdroms

Hello.

Sorry to be too late, I just read this thread.

Now I'm not on this list, so please cc me if you wish to reach me.

In <002801c0d846$34fba030$bd01a8c0@rufeu01hb>,
  on Wed, 9 May 2001 01:09:20 -0400,
 <eusebio@corelcity.com> wrote:

> For a regular Debian CD Rom, deleting the corresponding entry in
> /etc/apt/sources.list and adding it again using apt-cdrom should solve the
> problem of having it recognized. I don't know the details of the omsha CD's
> and how well they conform to the Debian format but quite probably it should
> work (suggestion: make a backup copy of sources.list, just in case it
> doesn't work :)

I have that Ohm-sha Book and CD-ROMs, but do not found much problems.
That book explains on page 73 that:

 =====  =====  =====  =====  =====  =====  =====  =====  =====
3.6.4 APT setup

select install media. insert the CD-ROM, choose [cdrom] in the menu,
then press Enter.

(Fig 3.59, select install media)

If CDROM is not detected, then specify the device.  Usually you can
use the default by pressing just [Enter].

(Fig 3.60, choose CD-ROM device)

Then, the package list in that CDROMs are updated.  After finising
that, it will prompt if package lists in other CDROMs should be
updated.  Now switch the CDROM and try this again. Do 3 times
(i.e. update package list for each CDROM).

If you can't do update the list, then try the second CDROM first.

I can't remember details, but it should work.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>