[sorry] problems with the omsha cdroms

i apologize for the previous mail. it was 5 in the morning, raining over sanuki and i was exhausted after a night of struggling with the cdroms. i started again tonight and noticed a few weird things :
dselect asks for Debian Gnu/linux [etc] disc 1 but the disk1 seems to be labelled Enhanced Debian... disc 1, so dselect keeps refusing it. disk2 and 3 seem to be labelled properly though. is there a way to overcome this ? make dselect the cdrom in the drive is the one it is looking for ?
i am surprised because the upgrade (through apt etc) was painless until i noticed that a few packages had not been installed (nvi etc).
i noticed a few bugs (?) in the installation process as well. once apt starts upgrading it does not care whether there is a japanese displaying console on or not. it was not the case on my machine and so i had mojibake on my screen during most of the upgrade.
the /etc/profile (rewriten by which process ?) does not seem to take the sbin directories into account, the .bashrc in user had problems with user-ja-conf (ver 0.28 potato ?) : the modifications where writed over the previous file in a place where is caused reading errors, i had to copy the .bashrc in root to the user home directory to get it to work.
the keyboard on console is back to normal us querty which is a pain, and all the keyboard config tools seem to have been deleted, i suspect (although i am not sure) they were deleted for compatibility problems but the replacement could not be installed because of the cdrom name problem.
ok, my main problem with this ohmsha cdrom is the disk1 name issue. if i can make dselect believe that the disk1 i insert is the disk1 it wants i win, otherwise i loose. help...