Re: japanese environment problems

Hello all,
    I remember doing basic various Japanese input in a
terminal with a hamm/slink system and just playing
with a few settings. That was almost two years ago,
and I used only slink stable with a few debian/jp
programs. Now, with the standard distribution and kon,
you should be able to use some nice, simple programs
in console mode. How about jed-canna? That's bigger
than vi, but the debian packages work very nicely. I
would also reccommend that you have a separate user on
your machine to use for just trying out different
apps, because they do change a bit from version to
version, and it's easier to play with different
configurations if you're not worried about making it
unusable. Now my basic system consists of all stable
potato, and I do use emacs (usually mule) with mew/im
for mail. Works like a charm. Good luck,
                  Jim