edict.el

  Hello people,

I packaged edict.el[1] and associated files just tonight for my
personal use.  I uploaded it to <http://people.debian.org/~lolando/>,
so that you can get it with the apt-lines mentioned on the index page.

  I wondered if it was worth uploading to unstable.  I know edict.el
is part of Xemacs, so it is somehow already in Debian.  If there's
already a package for Emacs users and I overlooked it, please tell me,
otherwise I'll probably upload edict-el it in a few days.  I have seen
no reference to "edict" in the WNPP pages.

  Now for some mentoring: I took the liberty of binding keystrokes to
the main commands (M-* for edict-search-english and M-_ for
edict-search-kanji).  I have found no reference to that in the
policy.  What is accepted behaviour in that domain?  Should I remove
the bindings?

[1] Edict is an English/Japanese dictionary.  It's only a data file,
in fact.  edict.el is an Emacs module to access it from within Emacs.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

A man walks into a bar.  Bang.