Re: VIm can do nihongo?

Hi.

In <[🔎] 20001130003239.A1842@magi>,
  on Thu, 30 Nov 2000 00:32:40 +0100,
    on VIm can do nihongo?,
 Jakub Turski <yacoob@supersonic.plukwa.net> wrote:

> Vi there.
>
>  I'm wondering if potato's vim can be japanized, and used to input japa­
> nese text. I replaced kon2 with jfbterm, which is much better (I already
> have 'ordinary' fb w/ Matrox :) - now I'm looking for some decent editor
> (NOT emacs :) - jvim works, but it's only VI not VIm,  and  it  displays
> tons of error while reading my carefully crafted .vimrc. Any ideas?

The current jvim is based on very old version of vim (maybe 3.0 or so).
So if you wish to use the recent vim features, then the current vim
is what you want, I suppose.

Recently woody has skkfep package, and I use it by recompile on
my potato system.  It is a kind of 'input method', not via XIM,
but usable on console.  So I tried it on jfbterm but something
does not work there.  skkfep does work well on kon2.  I don't
know whether (or both of ?) jfbterm or skkfep has the cause of
this problem.

BTW, maybe you can use the current kon2 on fb console, and also
can use skkfep on it.  Just try.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>