Re: Unicode printing

I solved the Yudit kana-to-kanji substitution and printing
problems.  For reference, here's my solution:

Kanji substitution:
apt-get install canna kinput2

Launch kinput2 from .xsession file, with
a line like this:

# Kanji input tool:
kinput2 -canna &

Inside Yudit, <esc> calls up kinput2 for
input.

Printing:
Need truetype fonts.  There are probably many
solutions to this, but I chose to use Cyberbit,
which is preconfigured inside Yudit. The only
problem was finding a copy to download. I
used:

http://www.ccss.de/slovo/unifonts.htm

which lists several free international fonts, and
includes cyberbit, allowing you to search for
an ftp server carrying it.  For example:

ftp://ftp.sunsite.org.uk
         /Mirrors/ftp.netscape.com/pub/communicator
	    /extras/fonts/windows/Cyberbit.ZIP
(you will have to paste together the URL,
 because it's so long).

I hope this is helpful to others.

--
Terry Hancock