Maybe [OT] - Connecting to DION in Japan.

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry that I'm writing this in English, but my Japanese is not yet ready
to discuss computer issues.  (I can barely order food or get a hair cut.)
Sumimasen

I am currently living in Japan, and I'm trying to get Debian/GNU Linux PPC
to connect to my ISP, DION.  I have been able to get the USB ISDN terminal
adapter to work, and login to DION.  However, everything is very slow.  I
can ping machines at regular speeds, but if I use lynx for web-browsing, or
ftp, it starts okay, but then the speed dies away to nothing.

I don't know if any of you have any experience with this, but if you do,
please e-mail me.  I am not subscribed to this list, so please CC me.

Thanks!

Marshal