Re: Re: sonytrinitron tech sheet

to the people at sonytrinitron: I am one dissatisfied customer. I bought a 36" sonytrinitron. When I bought the tv, I thought it had the best picture of all tv's. That's why I paid $1,000.00 for the tv. I thought ("this is too much to pay, but if it's a sonytrinitron, It must be a good tv and will last a long time."). Man, was i wrong! Just short of 5yrs. the picture tube starting blinking. I had the tv serviced. the picture was better for a few months and then it started blinking again, so I had it serviced again and the picture was better for 1 day. I took the tv back to the service shop to be repaired one more time and this did not work either. I would like to remind you that the sonytrinitron is very heavy and this made taking it to the repair shop an absoulute pain in the rear end.Today, I have a 36" sonytrinitron that is not worth a shit. I am very disappointed in the sonytrinitron. I thought sony made a much better product. If a customer pays $1,000.00 for a tv, it should last more than 5yrs. Remember the old Zenith tv's that had a good picture and lasted for years. back then, a customer got his money's worth for his tv. Why doesn't sony make a product that good. Today, I am in the market for a new tv and I do not know what to buy. Today, most sony tv's cost $2,000.00 minimum. If i buy another sony, am I wasting my money and time? Sony tv's have a good picture in the store, but will that tv last more than 5yrs. will it last 10yrs? I am very reluctant to buy another sony product. I may be a more satisfied customer if I buy a zenith or some other brand of tv. I would like to hear a response from you on what type of tv do you think I should by.