Re: [OT] mysql e editor visuale

Il giorno 27/set/05, alle ore 23:12, Sandro Tosi ha scritto:

ragioni: è libero

Attenzione, e' libero solo per utilizzi non commerciali: MySQL e' dual licensed.

Ciao

Mmhh no buono :-)

La dual licensed non significa ciò che hai detto: a te la scelta come distribuire il tuo prodotto basato su MySQL.
MySQL resta liceziato sotto GPL

vedi il sito della MySQL

...Thanks to our licensing model, we are capable of producing superior software at a much lower cost than proprietary software vendors. That's why MySQL is the world's most popular open source database. Our licensing options include:
  • The Commercial License, which allows you to provide commercial software licenses to your customers or distribute MySQL-based applications. This is for organizations that do not want to release the source code for their applications as open source / free software; in other words they do not want to comply with the GNU General Public License (GPL). For more detail on the Commercial non-GPL License, click here. Or, if you want more information on pricing, click here.
  • For those developing open source applications, the Open Source License allows you to offer your software under an open source / free software license to all who wish to use, modify, and distribute it freely. The Open Source License allows you to use the software at no charge under the condition that if you use MySQL in an application you redistribute, the complete source code for your application must be available and freely redistributable under reasonable conditions. MySQL AB bases its interpretation of the GPL on the Free Software Foundation's Frequently Asked Questions. For more information on MySQL's Open Source License, click here.

Buona lettura e notte.

Paolo