Re: How to clone a drive
Mandi! Kent West
In chel di` si favelave...
> What's the best way to clone a SCSI drive in a Sunblade 1000 running
> Debian to another SB1000? I don't mind physically moving drives from one
> box to another temporarily.
If you don't have done complex configuration you can also:
1) extract the list of installed package:
dpkg --get-selections > /var/lib/dpkg/status.selections
2) make a copy of configuration file:
tar -cvvzf /var/backups/$HOST-etc-$DATE.tar.gz /etc /root \
/var/lib/dpkg/status /var/lib/dpkg/status.selections \
3) install the bare base system on the other 3 box, skipping tasksel
and dselect phase.
4) extract from /var/lib/dpkg/status.selections the list of installed
packages (it suffices | cut -f1 if i remember well)
5) feed the list of package to apt-get and install
6) untar the configration file on top of other, you can also do this
with a different partition scheme but you have to preserve /etc/fstab
dott. Marco Gaiarin GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia'' http://www.sv.lnf.it/
Polo FVG - Via della Bontà, 7 - 33078 - San Vito al Tagliamento (PN)
gaio(at)sv.lnf.it tel +39-0434-842711 fax +39-0434-842797
Proteggiamo l'innovazione in Europa: no ai brevetti software