Re: Qmail e script di init

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 01:50:35PM +0100, Henryx wrote:
> E` tcpserver, e fa parte del pacchetto ucspi-tcp . Cmq a quanto pare non
> era li il problema, qmail-pop3d continua a non partire al boot (o meglio,
> ogni tanto parte, ogni tanto no) :/

appunto, magari converrebbe seguire le istruzioni di djb:

How do I set up qmail-pop3d? My old POP server works with mbox
delivery; I'd like to switch to maildir delivery.

Answer: Install ucspi-tcp and checkpassword. Put
        tcpserver 0 110 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup YOURHOST \
        /bin/checkpassword /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir &

(on two lines) into your system boot scripts; replace YOURHOST with
your host's fully qualified domain name. Set up Maildir delivery for
any user who wants to read mail via POP. The new service will start
after you reboot.
Security note: You should do this only within a secure network;
otherwise an eavesdropper can steal passwords.
There are several programs that can be substituted for checkpassword.
See http://cr.yp.to/qmail/toaster.html for more information.