Re: High CPU usage after upgrading from Debian 7 to Debian 9

On 16.04.19 17:22, Алексей wrote:
Thanks for your answer.

I have Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 v3 @ 3.10GHz inside - no HT on it.

And I already have CPU microcode installed:

dpkg -l | grep microcode
ii  amd64-microcode                   3.20160316.3                   amd64        Processor microcode firmware for AMD CPUs
ii  intel-microcode                   3.20180807a.1~deb9u1           amd64        Processor microcode firmware for Intel CPUs

Do you think removing it would help?

you surely don't need amd64-microcode, you can try uninstalling
intel-microcode to see if it helps.

I think there are some option to disable spectre/meltdown mitigation in the
kernel, just haven't found them yet... you can try to search for them

Also I have Broadcom network adapters - if it is important:

should not be.