Re: Traffic shaping on debian

Hi,

On 2016-05-27 15:50, Aleksey wrote:
> tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:30 htb rate 1mbps ceil 1000mbps

I have never measured the CPU usage, but I also noticed that htb ceil does not
perform for me as expected. I could never get through the full ceil bandwidth,
even if there is no other traffic.
I would suggest you to try using a higher htb rate (e.g. 988mbit) and rerun your
experiments.
I started to avoid htb ceil in general and switched to fair queuing qdiscs like
fq_codel, drr, sfq and so on when ever possible. However, that might not
directly fit your needs.

Best regards,
lxP