Re: Traffic shaping on debian

On 2016-05-28 18:16, Martin Kraus wrote:
On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 04:50:55PM +0300, Aleksey wrote:
Practically, I haven't done any configuration on my production router - I have performed tests in lab environment. Configuration was pretty simple:

tc qdisc add dev eth1 root handle 1: htb default 30
tc class add dev eth1 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 1000mbps ceil 1000mbps tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 3mbps ceil 5mbps tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:20 htb rate 5mbps ceil 7mbps tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:30 htb rate 1mbps ceil 1000mbps
tc qdisc add dev eth1 parent 1:10 handle 10:0 sfq perturb 10
tc qdisc add dev eth1 parent 1:20 handle 20:0 sfq perturb 10
tc qdisc add dev eth1 parent 1:30 handle 30:0 sfq perturb 10
tc filter add dev eth1 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 u32 match ip dport 443
0xffff flowid 1:20
tc filter add dev eth1 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 u32 match ip dport 80
0xffff flowid 1:10

I'd assume the problem is that when you bind htb directly to the root of a device you basically loose the multiqueue capability of an ethernet card because all packets must end in a single queue from which they are dispatched
to the multiple queues of an ethernet card.
mk

Hi.

I have also noticed that all the load is on one CPU core it is not distributed to all available cores. And how can this be avoided?

to lxP:

I'll try to rerun tests as you said and will report the results.

--
With kind regards,
Aleksey