Re: Traffic shaping on debian

On 05/27/2016 02:40 PM, Aleksey wrote:
Hi guys!

I have a debian box acting as a router and need a tool to perform traffic shaping based on source/destination IPs, interfaces, etc. I have tried the default tc, however, it uses plenty of resources, e.g. 600 mbps without shaping flows through with 3% cpu load and the same 600mbps with shaping (tc using htb on egress interface) consumes something like 40% cpu.

Would you share your configuration on some snippets?
I mean, the script you use to invoke tc an so on...