Re: OT? DNS checks in postfix - best practice, experience

Hello,

Jogi Hofmüller schrieb am 06.3.2014:
[...]
> Personally I still think that having a matching IN A and IN PTR record
> for a mail server *and* use the same name in an EHLO/HELO message is a
> minimum requirement for a decently configured service.  Still, some
> admins disagree ...
>
> Now I was wondering how other people deal with this issue.  Curious what
> you people think/say.

for our really small (non ISP) mailserver setups we ended with two
levels of compromise:

>   reject_non_fqdn_sender
>   reject_non_fqdn_recipient
>   reject_unknown_sender_domain

These are always enabled.

    reject_unknown_client_hostname

This is enabled on some servers -- on others it does reject legitimate
mails. It is usually safer to assign a higher score in spamsassassin
than to reject.

>   reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname
>   reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname
    reject_unknown_helo_hostname

These are never enabled as they sadly block way to much legitimate
mails.

We still use reject_invalid_helo_hostname to block nonsense HELOs.

Best regards,
Henrik