Re: slow lvm

On 11.08.11 07:48, Keith Edmunds wrote:
Do the disks have 1K sectors or 4K sectors?

you apparently mean 512B or 4K. Note that some disks say they have 512B while they have 4K (but you can't find informations about that).

disks with "advanced disk format" have 4K sectors. Many other newre have it too

e.g. seagate es.2 1T seem to have 4K sectors too, although I haven't found any mention of that

(badblocks in write mode with cuoncurrent block count rounded to 4K was much faster than not-rounded)

Microsoft dick is soft to do no harm