Re: slow lvm

Hello,

WD20EARS are the Green drives. Are also the Seagate drives "green"?
Those WD have rpm stated as 5400-7200, so they are surely slower than
any non-green true 7200 rpm disk. They have also some other
energy-saving techniques which can make them slower (although they can
have comparable sustained sequential throughput).
I don't know your exact configuration, but generally it is not good to
mix disks with different speeds on one filesystem.

--
  bYE, Marki