Re: How to setup TSIG (bind9) to work from a dynamic IP?

On 03.05.11 15:13, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> No. If you search google for "How to setup TSIG" you see in ALL examples
> you have to use a FIXED IP address (the place  from  WHERE  you  update)
> which is not possibel, because I am on a dynamic IP and my MASTER server
> is in my INTRANET.

use VPN then, you may have static IP there :)

> > you _can_ send dynamic updates from office to ISP's nameserver, when you
> > configure nameserver (or dhcp) at your office to use TSIG key and nameserver
> > @isp to accept the key.
>
> I do not want to update dynamicaly.  I need a TSIG xfer from my intranet
> NS <dns.private.tamay-dogan.net> to my public NS <dns1.tamay-dogan.net>.

xfer? Impossible. Mostly because DNS is pull, not push and for pull you need
to know the IP. Maybe changing it dynamically would help but in such case
you can just upload the zone file to master and issue reload
(and this will avoid zone expiration in case you don't connect for some
time).

There's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture that
allows you to install Windows.   -- Matthew D. Fuller