Re: Debian compatible fiber optic network cards

I got a bunch of NC3134 cards with NC6132 and NC3131 modules:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/10057_div/10057_div.HTML

I'm sure there's something more recent that works just fine.  I'd look in to intel hardware.  I've only been able to push about 300Mbit/s through the devices.  I have a feeling this has something to do with linux's lack of support for jumbo frames on the 82542:

http://www.erchi.com/hp_sides/oars/DISK1_CURRENT/ADVISORIES/SERVICE/EU020111_SW01.HTML

I believe that a patch in 2.6.27 fixed this for some revisions of the 82542, though:

http://www.mail-archive.com/netdev@vger.kernel.org/msg05566.html

Cheers,

C.J.