Re: question on snmp agent

On Wednesday 30 of March 2011, liyq wrote:
> Hi,all
>
> I have installed the package of snmp-mibs-downloader .

But did you run download-mibs?
The package is what it says it is - a downloader, not a set of mibs.

> when I check the
> configuration and run the command,some error is appear, for example:
>
> # snmpwalk -v2c -c public localhost interfaces
> interfaces: Unknown Object Identifier (Sub-id not found: (top) ->
> interfaces)

How is it supposed to know where are your MIBs?
Have you read the f...riendly manual? It has description of some nice options
like -M and -m.

> I'm not sure if the /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf needs to be configure, though I
> have made some changes.

snmpd.conf - it's a config file for SNMP daemon so you don't need it here.
snmp.conf - yes, you can edit it so you don't have to provide some options
with every snmpcmd (or derivative) invocation.

--
  Kruk@ -\                   | Wanted, dead or alive : Schroedinger's cat.
          }-> epsilon.eu.org |