Re: udev and renaming interfaces

dpkg-reconfigure your kernel package to refresh initramfs.

El 20/01/11 11:49, Timur Irmatov escribió:

On one of our server we have renamed 'eth0' to be 'lan' interfaces. We
have done it by editing /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules.
Later we have discovered that some tools (iptraf and vlan package's
support for vlan in /etc/network/interfaces) do not like this naming.
So we have decided to rename that interface back to eth0. We have
edited 70-persistent-net.rules to be empty, rebooted the machine...
and it came back with 'lan' interface. How did it manage to remember
that name?

P.S. System is Debian Lenny, fully updated.

Diego Rodríguez González
Ferrocarriles de Via Estrecha
Dpto. Telecomunicaciones y Sistemas Informáticos
diego@feve.es	(+34)985981778 ext. 99004 / (+34)660574762

fn:Diego Rodriguez Gonzalez
n:Rodriguez Gonzalez;Diego
org;quoted-printable:Ferrocarriles de V=C3=ADa Estrecha;Telecomunicaciones y Sistemas Informaticos
adr;dom:;;Plaza de los Ferroviarios s/n;Oviedo;;33012
tel;work:(+34)985981778 ext 99004