Re: Linux raid config tool for IBM eServer x335/345

W dniu 2011-01-10 17:17, Michelle Konzack pisze:
Hello *,

afer some weeks sickness, I tried yesterday to install Debian on my x345
but more then installing without Raid was not possibel.  OK know I know,
I need the IBM ServRAID Support CD 6.11...

...but this pig does not work with Debian.

Can someone tell me please, how to setup a x335 fpr Raid-1 and the  x345
for Raid-1 (2 drives) AND Raid-5 (4 drives)

And does someone has a WORKING Linux ServRAID config tool for Debian?

From what I remember from back when I installed debian on x345, I just booted from the ServeRAID support CD, created the array(s) and then rebooted with normal debian installer (my x345 box says it uses the 'ips' module for ServeRAID). After that you might want to install the RaidMan utility to monitor the array (from what I recall it installed itself from a .tgz with a script or similarily, so it wasn't bound to RH or SUSE).