Re: AW: AW: AW: SSH did not work on every IP on debian x64

Robert Menger <rm@keyweb.de> writes:

> so give me please a hint, what shall be "weird" on this DNS config and
> what shall it have to do with this problem?

The main problem is that the reverse dns for the address resolves to a
name which doesn't resolve back to the same address.  This is what
PARANOID catches, and it does so by default, and sshd is built with
libwrap.

150.90.118.87.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer ns.km37111.keymachine.de.
200.90.118.87.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer ns.km37111.keymachine.de.

> show me ANY other ISP that have kind of "better" DNS config, do it,
> please. Every ISP I know (and thats a lot) do it on the same way.

OK. If you say so.

Bjørn