Re: SSH did not work on every IP on debian x64

This one time, at band camp, Robert Menger said:
> Hello, thanks
>
> that case we have checked too, but every IP is hard-configured to the
> switchports. It is under normal circumstances not possible, that any
> other server uses this IPs, if there is no bug in the ACL management
> of Cisco.
>
> And if it would be so, why did SSH work on another Port on this IP?
> And every other action work too. The router knows the correct MAC for
> this IP, every switch knows this MAC for this IP, the server itselfs
> can surf in the web. For me it sounds very unlikely that the IP is
> configured on any other device.
>
> And why did only debx64 has this problem? When I configure this IP on
> an CentOS server or any other, ssh works fine too.
>
> I have seen many network problems in the last years as network admin,
> but this type of problem is really really spooky for me.

There is no need to reply to me directly - please keep replies on list.

I would start with strace'ing the ssh process on the server when it has
the affected IP address.  Do you actually see it processing the
connection?  My bet is no, but that would be useful information.

Cheers,