Re: Postfix + Cyrus-SASL passwords

On 1/25/10 11:36 AM, Marek Podmaka wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone use this combination for smtp auth? Do you have passwords
> stored in plaintext? I have read that without special patches cyrus
> does not support crypted passwords in SQL database. I have found this
> patch, but isn't something already integrated into debian packages? It
> is not very secure to have plaintext passwords stored anywhere these
> days...

If you plan to use SASL just to authenticate postfix, it may be simpler
for you to use dovecot as the authenticator instead.

Otherwise, I managed to authenticate on MySQL with hashed passwords on
sarge and etch, in the past, having SASL authenticating on PAM and PAM
using pam_mysql.so.

Works, but sucks.

--
# Emanuele Balla            #                            #
# System & Network Engineer # Cell:  +39 348 7747907     #