Re: RAID1 problem - server freezes on md data-check

George Chelidze wrote:
> First let me say thank you to all who shared their experience and
> knowledge. It was really helpful.
>
> Yesterday I managed to replace 1.5Gb/s drive with 3.0Gb/s drive and now
> both drives are identical. The replacement required to rebuild an array
> and it passed but with one exception: at the end of reconstruction
> process I got "task * blocked for more than 120 seconds" messages in my
> logs:
>
> Jan  4 23:38:35 barambo1 kernel: [12517.683173] INFO: task
> kjournald:1088 blocked for more than 120 seconds.

I never had this, however, my understanding is that this is related to
ext3 journaling filesystem (as this is kjournald that is blocked for 2
minutes), not to RAID (which would be mdadm, mdX_raidY and the like...),
and that it shouldn't be blocking anything apart writing the journal.
Was the server in a frozen state when this appeared in your log?

Just my 2 cents guess here,

Thomas