Re: Australian Internet Filtering Position
- To: Ryan Halloway <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Australian Internet Filtering Position
- From: Scott Edwards <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 19:43:43 -0500
- Message-id: <AANLkTi=BeDGAdvC2bCwG1qVbymv8G19xfuuea0Z8cP2O@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTikSzrWy3+2n=xSre_H5tg1=Y=bD4uVbuLdeAqEj@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <AANLkTikSzrWy3+2n=xSre_H5tg1=Y=bD4uVbuLdeAqEj@mail.gmail.com>
On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Ryan Halloway <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> With sites like this appearing everywhere: http://www.dontfilterme.com and
> Just trying to get a general opinion with what everyone thinks of the
> filtering situation in Australia. Whether you believe its a good thing or a
> bad thing or you don't really care. I'm writing a letter to an Australian MP
> (Member of Parliament) and I want to get some actual opinions of what other
> systems administrators think of the internet filter, even if they are not in
> Australia. Not only at a technical aspect but at an opinion aspect as well.
> I tried to email this around before, but I didn't get enough of a response.
> Either reply on list or pm me. I just want to get a general idea.
You did ask for a general opinion. Perhaps you wanted something more
than generalities? Do you want opinions on why this filtering is a
good thing, a bad thing, a waste of money and effort, or something
Just my random input,