Re: What do you do against spaming?

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> In some days I get a new FTTH line and have setup RT to  handel  <abuse>
> and <postmaster> but since yesterday, my <abuse> account  is  spamed  by
> more then 5 messages per second.  It seems to be a DOS against my domain
> <tdwave.net>.
>
> How do you handel spam on <abuse> and <postmaster>?

Zen RBL (reject at connect time), strong filtering, and whomever slacks in
the job gets the boring function of waddling through the spam folder.

Greylisting can help as well, as well as severe rate limits.

> Do you use CR <ürgs> on those E-Mail addresses?

CR is Evil, and when coupled with spam, it makes you a backscatterer and
maybe even an email DoS amplifier.

  Henrique Holschuh