Re: VirtualHost bandwidth management

Hi Thomas,

That is interesting, but I'm not the biggest fan of storing the logs in
a database. I like my logs clear text for ease of use. I know I could
write them both in the logs and in the db, but this seams overkill.

I do use mod_io and modified the logformat to show upstream and
downstream bandwidth usage for each request. The hard part is to
efficiently use this data for bandwidth control.

I can't get my head around how specialized shared hosting companies
enforce this. There has to be a way? Maybe there's a shaping appliance
or whatever, but I'd like to know what is is :) Preferably open source..

- --
Best regards, Met vriendelijke groet, Cordialement,

Steven Jacobs
UniWeb bvba