Re: Maildir backup

On 27/01/2009, at 3:20 PM, Oliver Hitz wrote:
On 27 Jan 2009, Marek Podmaka wrote:
 What do you use to backup maildirs? For normal backup I use

I'd go for good old dump. This works for millions of files, whereas a
strategy based on rsync doesn't (maybe newer version work better than
when I last tried).

IIRC, we had a problem with dump if you didn't use snapshots -
it would backup half open files, etc, etc.

We also tried LVW2 with snapshots and dump, kernel 2.6.18 - and
were having problems that the machine would crash...

- Thats why we are still using tar - very slow though...

Andrew