Re: Framework for web control panel.

Thomas Goirand wrote:

I think you are really under-estimating the programming work here.
There's nothing really complicated, just YEARS of work, literally.

Agreed. I wrote the custom control panel for our hosting company. The project started over ten years ago and now contains over 30,000 lines of Perl (yes, really, and I'm a good programmer), and although it's good software, it still doesn't have all the features I want.

The reason I started doing it myself ten years ago was that all the alternatives were awful at the time, which is no longer true. If I were starting from scratch now, I wouldn't even remotely consider writing it myself.

--
Robert L Mathews, Tiger Technologies, http://www.tigertech.net/