Re: Avoid not authenticated forged mail

2009/12/22 Carlos Acedo <carlos@pangea.org>

> Hi,
>
> Once in a while I receive spam "from my own" mail address, many users send mails to themselfs, so what I would like is to allow only authenticated mail to be able to send mails to themselfs. Is that possible?

Yes. You probably need a mix of strict SPF records in your domain,
employ SPF checking in your MTA and accept authenticated only SMTP
deliveries.

This has the positive side effect of other mail systems being able to
use these SPF records to check if they people are pretending to be
you.

When using SPF, it's also a good idea to use DKIM too.