Re: Newsletter vrs Spam

On 14.09.09 23:40, Maurice wrote:
> dkim - http://www.dkim.org || domainkeys -
> http://domainkeys.sourceforge.net/
> reverse DNS - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_DNS_lookup
> verp - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_envelope_return_path
> and a "mailing list Manager" /  software for sending email
> campaigns(phplist is free -
> http://www.phplist.com)

I think that mailing list manager (configured to require subscribe
confirmation) is enough to not to get onto blacklists.
- Good mailing list software uses verp

- reverse DNS (must be forward-confirmed, IP => host => IP) is good to get
  your mail delivered

- DKIM (or DomainKeys but DKIM is preferred) may help you as above and
  preserve you from being joe-jobbed (SPF can do the same)

and, of course, allow easy unsubscription and keep all subscribe requests to
have a proof that recipients did really subscribe.
The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.