Re: Why didn't software RAID detect a faulty drive?

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jul 2009, Seth Mattinen wrote:
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
I have never seen anything like this.  Do you have any daemons trying to do
"hotspare" services for MD?  THAT could be it...
Not that I'm aware of. How would I check?

A bug in mdadm --monitor might cause it, I think.  But I have never heard of
it happening.

I have a 600k capture file off the serial console if you're interested. Unfortunately it's a production system so I can't play with it.

~Seth