Re: e1000e problem [resending-unfinished message]

Xavier Cardil wrote:

Hello, we are a VoIP service provider and we use debian in all of our systems. We recently installed two new debian 5 stable servers for asterisk, and we are having problems with the e1000e driver. The network interface suddenly goes down and stops working. I will specify :

Kernel version : 2.6.26-1-amd64 #1 SMP Fri Mar 13 17:46:45 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Ethernet card ( dual ) : 0a:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06) 0a:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)

We have two more integrated cards from BroadCom, that uses bnx2 driver, the cards are model :

Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5708 1000Base-T (B2) PCI-X 64-bit 133MHz

I just can't find anything related to the card problem at /var/log/syslog and /var/log/messages, it just goes down. Are you in the know of any bug or error with this kernel version, what can I do to fix it ?

Thank you.
Yes, there is a problem - the support for the broadcom is NOT included in the install CD's. It was decided that is non-free, and this troubles somewhat the installation with many servers. Look at firmware-bnx2 package, you'll need to unpack it and provide it on usb in order to install lenny, OR after the installation install the same package and reboot.

edi