Posting style on Debian mailing lists (was Re: VirtualHost bandwidth management)

[Please don't top-post. Instead, remove quoted material that you're
not replying to, and reply inline to the points you're responding to.]

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 02:18:10AM +0200, Daniel Hood wrote:
> I think most of the hosts that don't use CPanel and some how limit it, use
> QoS on a router infront of the servers. Im sure you can do this with a
> Debian box somehow. I've done with a Cisco router, but that is freaking
> expensive. Im sure you can limit bandwidth and monitor bandwidth via QoS
> (Quality of Service) solutions. I know debian has many ways to implement
> QoS. Its just finding the right way.

snipped 37 lines!!

Hey guys,

Trimming [1], ie. cutting of unneeded content in replies is also
generally prefered.

As is inline replying [2].

Use common sense to make it as simple as possible to others to read your
post. Most people on this list have the thread present (either in their
mail program or via the web) and therefore it is _not_ wanted to resend
the whole conversation over and over again (as is common practise in
some commercial environments).

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Trimming_and_reformatting
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Inline_replying

--