VirtualHost bandwidth management

Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to measure data volume and bandwidth usage for
Apache virtualhosts. It would also be nice if we could throttle the
available bandwidth based on data volume usage.

I would prefer the data to be available in a database so our developers
can provide customers with a webpage showing how much data volume has
been used.

I tried many Apache modules for this purpose. Mod_cband used to work
fine, but it did not appear to work with MySQL databases. Since the
latest release of Debian, the Apache2 module mod_cband is no longer
available and the Etch version can be installed but does not seem to
work. Other modules do not provide the functionality I'm looking for.
Mod_bw makes it possible to limit bandwidth, but that's about it.

Another thing I tried is to parse awstats data and put it in a database.
This would work, but how should I throttle the bandwidth dynamically?

Also, we are planning to move all our vhosts to an LVS web cluster. A
few questions that arise are: what about statistics if many servers
serve the same pages? Which server should do the bandwidth measurement?

- --
Best regards, Met vriendelijke groet, Cordialement,

Steven Jacobs
UniWeb bvba

Your partner in professional web solutions.

UniWeb bvba, St-Amandsstraat 2, B-1853 Strombeek-Bever, Belgium, EU
tel: +32(0)2.3060000 | fax: +32(0)2.3060004 | e-mail: steven@uniweb.be
web: http://www.uniweb.eu

*Disclaimer:*
Current writing is under reservation of all rights and without any
prejudicial recognition. The contents of this e-mail and any attached
files are confidential and may be privileged or copyright by UniWeb. You
may only reproduce or distribute the material with our explicit
authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender and immediately delete it and any copies of it from your system.
In this case copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on
the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Please note
that any opinions and views presented in this email are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of UniWeb bvba, unless
specifically stated.
General conditions: http://www.uniweb.eu/termsandconditions/