Re: sarge 32bit --> lenny 64bit upgrade

Could you please be a bit more specific about the mysql problem(s) one
will get? I just thought about a similar migration, not from sarge but
from etch 32 bit to etch 64 bit on a production machine.

Quite simple, really: it won't work. You need to do a mysqldump to a
text file and reload it on the 64-bit system.

Really? I've did a rsync yesterday from a mysql5.0 database on "etch"
32-bit to a mysql5.0 database on "lenny" 64-bit and it works without
any problem.

Thanks for the hint. That was what I thought to have done some month ago, too - without any problem. But I have to admit that today I'm not really sure about the mysql versions involved at that time. So basically thats why I'm asked for more details about the problems ;-)

  Claus

--
CHECON   EDV-Consulting und Redaktion
         Claus Herwig * Barer Straße 70 * 80799 München