ssh hangs

hi all,

i have some server installed the other day, i did not do the install myself and due to some language barriers it was kind of messy (my chinese is not that well so we're testing an easy procedure to do this) it was a simple minimal net install with an openssh-server, initially it went well and i could log in without a problem. the server was behind a DHCP routerand i installed the Etch amd64 Vserver-Kernel from the repo.

then it was time for reboot and i could not login anymore....period.

actually i think it came back up again getting a new ip from the DHCP router, after fixing that problem and port forwarding to the new dynamic IP (and later static IP behind the router and finally static IP on the net) i could not login from remote anymore.

not sure what but it just seems to hang, anybody had this before?

root@ubuntu:~# ssh -vv 123.123.123.123 -p 10064
OpenSSH_4.7p1 Debian-8ubuntu1.2, OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007
debug1: Applying options for *
debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to 123.123.123.123 [123.123.123.123] port 10064.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: permanently_set_uid: 0/0
debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_dsa type -1