Re: bind9 ns1 and ns2 not authorative

Stephen Gran wrote:
This one time, at band camp, randall said:
Stephen Gran wrote:
This one time, at band camp, randall said:
no i didn't,

i assumed it would not be necessary to manually add each new zone on each slave dns server, at least it does not make much sense in my reasoning, hope i'm not to wrong here ;)
You are wrong here :)
mmmmm.....at least i'm happy to find out then..

anyway to automate this process? seems like a lot of manual work here.

Lots of people have lots of hand-rolled scripts that do this sort of
thing.  I guess it really depends on how many zones you plan to have and
how many nameservers you have - it's usually not worth the
infrastructure to automate if it's a small setup, but it is once it
starts scaling.
the number of zones will be several hundreds, and the reason i planned to use smbind is because i need them added by somebody who is not familiar with hand editing files.

any script recommendations?