Re: openssh public key (after upgrade) problem

Fixed. The machine had moved subnets so changed IP address. Buried in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config was the answer: I'd carefully been security aware
and set the machine ListenAddress to it's actual IP address i.e.

ListenAddress 192.168.1.2
Protocol 2

Two years or so later, I'd forgotten all about this :) Once I'd brought
in the latest Debian OpenSSL and the OpenSSH which incorporates
blacklisting, I regenerated all my keys and then checked the sshd
config. Change to the actual IP address now:

ListenAddress 192.168.10.1

and all was well - users could log in again. The hard bit was working
out why SSH was effectively "one way" when the machine could SSH
outwards fine.

You live and learn, so I thought I'd document this here so that other
people can find it easily.

AndyC