Re: alternatives to suexec in etch apache2

Craig Sanders wrote:
apache2-mpm-itk is a stock debian package, and PHP (4 & 5) work well
with it - both the modules (libapache2-mod-php4 or libapache2-mod-php5)
and the CGI (php4-cgi or php5-cgi).

you'll need to do your own load testing to see if it can cope with the
kind of load you expect on your servers. i can't imagine that it would
be significantly worse than plain apache2-mpm-prefork.

craig

For the last 24 hours, we've been running it in our (light load) environment. No problems. :->

If I understood Craig correctly, I suspect that forking a process for every request is a bit more expensive than having the same process service a bunch of requests.