Re: alternatives to suexec in etch apache2

Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 01:13:35PM -0500, Dan MacNeil wrote:
>> Under sarge, woody & potato we ran modified version of suexec that
>> skipped the check for group writable cgi files.
>
> i've never liked suexec.  it's way to rigid and unconfigurable.  and,
> unfortunately, the way it expects vhosts to be set up (esp. directory
> layout) is completely unlike the way i set mine up.
>
> i used cgiwrap for a long while, it's far more flexible.

Have you ever try sbox-dtc, that I maintain, for which I contributed
(the SID version now has a config file that I load with libdotconf), and
that is also in Stable? How is it compared to cgiwrap? Does cgi-wrap
supports chroot of the cgi-bin, and does it do setlimit() calls ?

Thomas