Re: [OT] Recommendation for small Switch

Hi Michelle

Michelle Konzack wrote:
I have a customer (small association whith vey less money) where I
switch the computers from Win98 and WinXP to Debian Etch.  Currently
all is working fine, with the exception that the the workstations
handicap each other...  The reason is the 10/100 MBit Switch.
Does anyone know a switch which has four GBit ports and the rest ONLY
10/100 MBit?  I have found only a Trendnet (140 Euro) which has only
two Gbit-Ports but twentyfour 10/100Mbit.

Note:  The switch should be availlable in France/Germany...
       Even if you know older ones which can be buyed on eBay and
       such are interesting.  (I need to know for what to search
       and in general I prefer personaly a 3Com SuperStack

I have this one. I think it should be OK for what you need it, even so it has
16 1Gbit ports.

http://www3.atelco.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=20401&agid=116

Cheers
   Mike