Re: alternatives to suexec in etch apache2

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 08:17:01PM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> IIRC (which may be wrong), once it runs an apache process as a
> particular user, that process can only service requests for that
> vhost/user...it stays around until apache's process limit rules kill
> it.

and it was wrong:

http://lists.err.no/pipermail/mpm-itk/2007-December/000039.html

   On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 03:24:10PM -0800, daniele_dll wrote:
   > I've just a question: mpm-itk creates first the fork and manages
   > the execution with it or it first creates the fork and when a
   > request arrive it forwards the request to the created fork?

   There's actually two layers of forks: First, the normal prefork,
   where servers are created in advance of need. The server then
   receives a request, forks again, the child setuids, processes the
   request and then exits.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Laissez Faire Economics is the theory that if each acts like a vulture,
all will end as doves.