Re: [OT] Recommendation for small Switch

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 08:18:47PM +0100, Andre Keller wrote:
>> Does anyone know a switch which has four GBit ports and the rest ONLY
>> 10/100 MBit?  I have found only a Trendnet (140 Euro) which has only
>> two Gbit-Ports but twentyfour 10/100Mbit.
>
> http://www.netgear.com/Products/Switches/Layer3ManagedSwitches/FSM7328S.aspx

yep, the netgear switches are fine. i've got a similar one (16-port
gigabit switch, can't remember the model - one of the unmanaged ones) as
a "private GB backbone" network for my main servers. they all have an
extra ethernet card just for server-to-server comms (nfs mounts, rsync,
scp, ssh, heartbeat, nagios and other monitoring tools, apt-get updates
from the local mirror, etc).

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>