Re: Multi SATA/SCSI-Racks

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 04:14:46AM +1100, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
> I just called them and they informed me that they do not ship outside of
> the US - so, no good for us in Australia or for you in Europe.

if you're in Australia and want a decent 5-in-3 SATA bay (i.e. 5x 3.5"
drives in 3x 5.25" drive bays), then try bits.com.au

i bought an Addonics unit from them back in December. it works quite
well. i think it was a little under $260 AUD including delivery to
Melbourne.

http://store.bits.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=53_63&products_id=12841

craig

ps: it's very similar to the no-name brand cheap taiwanese(??) 3-in-2
drive bay i already had. so similar that the caddies are interchangeable
between the two units. i'd guess that Addonics just rebadge them.
apparently there are several brands that are exactly the same.

OTOH, the caddies in the Addonics 5-in-3 unit were slightly better than
the caddies in the 3-in-2 unit. same construction, but the Addonics had
big holes cut into the bottom of the aluminium caddies for much better
air-flow.

i don't know if that's because Addonics do that themselves or if all the
5-in-3 units are like that.

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>